Thursday, April 25, 2013

Fabric nerd session

So over the past year and a half I took up sewing again...in a massive way.  I sew nearly every day that I get a few free minutes.  I've loved fabrics since I was...actually according to my mom since I was a baby but since that's not my own conscious memory I'll spare you that story.  Anyway, I've re-learned sewing from a few amazing sewing blogs; one of my favorites is by the talented Rachel at Stitched in Color. I took an online class about hand-stitching from Rachel this winter which was super helpful and I loved all the projects we did, I would highly recommend her classes if you're interested in sewing.   Rachel is hosting a contest about warm and cool fabric choices to be "bundled" by one of her fabric shop sponsors.  I had to enter, I am kind of obsessed with warm and cool contrasts and always have been.  As a water color painter using warm and cool was my favorite way of capturing light.  Plus, this fabric mosaic was supposed to feature turquoise which is my "signature color"...yes, most little girls like pink but I've always been in love with anything aqua/turquoise, I'm kind of like a raccoon with shiny objects if something is that color.  So, here's what I've got for my fabric mosaic...we were limited to 12 choices.
Please check out Rachel's blog if you're into fabric creating and if you feel like it, show a little love and vote for me :).  

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you're totally sweet! I'm glad you took up sewing again and indulged in this fabric nerd session ;) Excellent title!

    ReplyDelete